Monday, February 23, 2009

Elder Whitnah is heading to Deutschland

Sean was up early this morning at the MTC. 4 am to be exact. He and 16 other missionaries bound for the Germany Frankfurt Mission loaded buses to the Salt Lake airport around 5 am. Once getting to the airport they all got checked through to their final destination city. Frankfurt!!

Sean called from the airport a little while ago. It was great to hear his voice and the excitement he had to FINALLY be heading to his mission. He loved the MTC and the training he received there but he is now ready to begin his mission among the German people starting early tomorrow morning.

His plane should arrive in Frankfurt around 7 am Frankfurt time and then he and the other missionaries will be taken to a hotel to sleep for a few hours. They then will be taken out into the streets and begin "street preaching" They will do this for a couple hours and then grab something to eat. After that they are off to the Mission Home and Sean will have an meeting with President Ninow, his Mission President. He will meet his companion and find out where in the mission they will be serving. Sister Ninow is planning on preparing a HUGE dinner for all 17 missionaries along with the President and herself. Sean is looking forward to that. He is also looking forward to some of the yummy German foods

Needless to say I imagine Sean will be pretty exhausted when it's 9:30 pm Frankfurt time tomorrow night! I think with all the excitement, nervous energy and emotions he is having right now that he will pull his way through. I am so happy for him to finally have this chance to serve his mission. He has always wanted to do this and I know he will love it and come back so grown and mature from all his experiences. Ich liebe dich Elder Whitnah!!!

3 comments:

The Birthday Group said...

Grace,
You are so richly blessed. I am so excited for you and for Sean. You have a lot to be proud of. Your a great Mom!

Grace said...

Debbie, you are so nice to say that. I am really pleased with Sean. He has always wanted to serve a mission and I know it will bring him many blessings. It's exciting.

I just realized I copied you..i redid my layout on my blog and it's the same as yours!! I guess great minds do think alike :)

Bridget said...

That is so, so exciting! Yeah for Sean!!