Monday, July 20, 2009

September Wedding


I could tell when I first met Jeff Boudrero that he was someone special. Someone that our daughter Becky has grown little by little, step by step, in love with. I think I knew even after a month of the 2 of them dating that he was "the one" for her. There were others she had dated or liked but he was the one she could share her whole heart with. It has been fun over the past several months to see through her eyes and remember how it feels to find the person that you want to share your life with.
Becky met Jeff on a blind date. How common is that? Jeff's good friend Nathan who worked with Becky introduced them. Nathan was a friend of Jeff's since he was about 8 years old. The 2 of them grew up in Layton Utah. Becky never wanted to marry a guy from Utah. She had ideas of what she wanted and when she wanted to get married...funny how that works out :) He has a calming influence on her. I have seen it as well as most of her friends. Becky is beaming and her outlook on her life has changed so much.
Becky let her friends know on June 25th via facebook that she was engaged. facebook is a great way for friends who lives close by or thousands of miles a part to keep in touch and share life. Many have posted their congratulations and "who is it?" and when is the date and where? They will be getting married September 19th in the Portland Temple. Becky thought of getting married in Utah but she really didn't want to, she always wanted to marry here in Portland. Jeff told her "we are going to get married in your Temple". He wanted their day to be at a Temple that she loved.
Becky has been very organized, as usual, and has nearly every thing set for her day...from the flowers she wants to the colors for her wedding and so forth. She is in Utah and will be until September 10th and what I can get done here I do for her so it will all work out for her day..even down to what she wants her flowers to be like...this sorta the look she's going for..maybe a tad bit different.
and her cake, well this what she's aiming for..minus the red flowers..on top...
It's an exciting time of life for her and I am so happy for her and the decisions she has made thus far that have led her to this worthy man who is worthy of her and that the two of them have their lives ahead of them to learn and love and grow together

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Becky! What exciting news for mom.

Loralee and the gang... said...

That's great! Congrats to the happy couple. And maybe in a couple years, you will be a granny like me!
:~D

Julie said...

I am so happy for Becky!!!! They sound so happy. I always wanted a fall wedding in Portland (which would have happened if I hadn't gone to Jerusalem while I was engaged--but I wouldn't trade that). So I can't wait to see how it all turns out for her! Congrats again! I'm so excited!!!!

P.S. He looks familiar, but I can't think why!

Melissa-Mc said...

Congratulations to Becky! Have fun planning the wedding.

Bridget said...

How exciting! Congrats to Becky and all of you!!

Anonymous said...

congrats to Becky! What an exciting time in her life. And so glad that she is happy. Let us know if you need help with any preparations.

Mandy said...

Very cute couple! It'll be a beautiful wedding! Congrats to her and your family. It was great talking with you tonight. I miss being in the ward and seeing you at church!