Friday, August 2, 2013

Sisters, Sisters

Sisters, Sisters, there were never such devoted Sisters.   Born in the midst of the Great Depression, Aunt Barb in 1931 and my Mom, Joan, in 1934.  Not only are they sisters, but best friends.  Growing up I  remember each summer spending a week at the Carlson home and one of my cousins would go to my house. We would spend a whole week at Aunt Barb and Uncle Ken's home and my cousin, who ever it was that went, would spend a week at our place with my Mom and Dad.  I always felt I could go to Aunt Barb and tell her anything I needed to say or if I needed help with something, just as I could my Mom.  I know if you were to ask my cousins, they would feel the same about my Mom, their Aunt Joanie.  Mom and Aunt Barb set an example for me on how to treat family, especially my own brother and sisters.  I have admired these two special ladies.  They are strong and have great faith.  They both have been through a great deal and yet they have a great sense of humor and are able to take all that has come there way and find the good in everything that could be wrong.   I love them and appreciate their example to me. 

No comments: