Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Secret of Christmas

I love Christmas songs and if I could have it my way I would start listening to Christmas songs in the middle of October. I really can't choose a favorite song because I have too many. But one song that I have always liked is a song sung by the famous crooner Bing Crosby. The song, "The Secret of Christmas" is a song with a message. It talks about doing things all year through to keep that spirit with you. It reminds me a lot of my Dad as well. Here are the lyrics to the song.


Look at the happy people
Christmas is in the air
Well I know the secret of Christmas
A secret I'm willing to share

It's not the glow you feel
When snow appears it's not the Christmas card
You've sent for years
Not the joyful sound
When sleigh bells ring
Or the merry songs
Children sing

the little gift you send
On your Christmas day
Will not bring back the friend
You've turned away
So may I suggest
The secret of Christmas
Is not the things you do at Christmas time
But the Christmas things you do
All year through

Here is a link to youtube so you can listen to the song and Merry Christmas and may the Spirit of Christmas be with you not just for a day or two but all year through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FePF_W43_zA

No comments: