Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Wintry Day


There is magic about snow that seems to quiet the world. The color is white and pure and seems to brighten up not only the sky but all those who take time to play in it and enjoy it. Of course those on the roads often forget how to drive in it and many seems to have to wait hours to get home. Even if home was only a 7 mile trip! Of course here in Oregon we are not used to it as much so I guess that is why. Either way it was a great day to enjoy the beauty of cold falling flakes and have fun! Everyday paths seem to have a magic spell as the snow blankets the ground.
Bryan had fun playing with neighbors and loved sporting his new Steelers beanie that Aunt Annie gave him for Christmas. It sure kept his head warm.
Is anyone ever too old to make snow angels? I don't think so.
Bethany took time to get out in the snow as well. She tried to capture some pictures with her camera but for some reason they didn't turn out so well. Thankfully I was able to capture some pictures of her enjoying the fun.
Later some fun young guys from Church came by to build a fort and play in the snow as well. From tossing snowballs to buidling and crunching through the snow all had fun. I was surpised how well these pictures came out at night but then again the snow helped give some extra light to the sky. The first photo is of Tyson Barfuss and Logan Jasperson and Tyson's friend Brent who is visiting from Pendleton Oregon.
Bethany joined in their fun and spent a couple hours with them at the park near our home. All in all it was a nice wintery day. Especially considering we're supposed to be back to rain tomorrow.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I was so glad it snowed! Looks like you're kids had fun in it!!

Scott-n-Allison said...

We were stuck in the traffic and by the time we got home my kids were so frustrated with the snow that they didn't want to play in it.

You took some great pictures!

This was my kind of snow...hard and fast with big pretty flakes...time to play...melt quickly.

BJ Barnes said...

How fun to be able to see your blog! I should have guessed you had one! :)
I was in Longview getting my eyes tested for new glasses the day of the snow! It was white all the way home (45 - 50 min. drive ) untill I got about 10 min.'s from our property! It saved me sweeping the snow off the deck, I guess, but I was slightly dissappointed! :)
Looks like there was lots of fun in the snow at your place that day! :)

Christy Jones said...

I love the pictures of the snow. Its so beautiful!!