Thursday, June 11, 2009

My buddyroo is 22

I am a bit behind in posting this but my son Robbie is now 22 years old! Yikes, can I really have a son that old? And where did the years go? I love him so very much. He is a guy who is always full of mischief and fun. Even at an early age I KNEW he was up to something...his eyes gave him away everytime. He has been home from his Mission to Honduras for nearly 10 months now. Oh how he LOVED that mission and the people of "HONDO LAND" as he lovingly calls it. I know he would go back to visit in a heart beat. I am so thankful for having a son with such a gentle heart who seems to notice even the slightest concerns of others and truly cares for their welfare. I am guilty often times of overlooking but Robbie seems to take it all in. He doesn't judge either...whether a person is rich or terribly poor he seems to fit in and makes friends. Why should I be surprised? He's done that his entire life and I imagine he will continue to do so the rest of his life. His younger brother Bryan looks up to him and admires him. I think someday when Bryan is no longer autistic that Robbie and Bryan will have a fun conversation and then a long dirt bike ride...they both would love that! I love you my Buddy...

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yes, time really does fly. And to think that I used to BABYSIT him! Now I'm feeling old! I still remember him always riding down to our house, wanting to see what Shawn and Derek were up to. Happy Birthday Robbie!

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday Robbie! We loved visiting Hondo Land. We met a returned missionary guy( no name, sorry!) that knew you.I think you served together or at the same time. He's a native. Anyways, we had a FABULOUS trip. How awesome that you got to serve there.

The Birthday Group said...

Wait until your baby turns 22, then you will feel really old! Haha. That's a nice post and tribute to your son.