Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt and Family Times Together

Easter Weekend is here. When I was young I recall my Mom would decorate our home with flowers, baskets full of plastic eggs, and other symbols that represented Easter. It is a time to unite with family and friends and to better reflect why we celebrate this time. On a personal note I am glad that Robbie could be here this weekend. The past 2 Easters he was in Honduras and it wasn't quite the same without him here. Each weekend of Easter the Vial family in our Ward throws a wonderful get together for young and old a like. Little kids love hunting for Easter eggs and the teenagers get together and chat. Adults catch up on how others are doing...all and all it's a great event. It's so nice of Rich and Paula to share their land with so many for one day. Everyone has a great time.
Later in the day Bethany and Bryan had fun decorating eggs and getting their Easter baskets. They still love for Wes to hide their baskets...even though Bethany is 15, almost 16, she enjoys hunting for it.
This year Bethany will be singing in the Church choir for the Easter program. She has a beautiful voice and enjoys singing. She along with many in the Ward have prepared for this and we look forward to hearing them sing.
I am thankful for this time of year that draws families and friends close together. For trying to better understand the sacrifice that Jesus made on all of our behalves.

4 comments:

Julie said...

That's great that Robbie could join you. And I hope my kids are never too old for the basket hiding. Its too much fun for me!

Tonya said...

I miss going to the Vials for the big Easter Egg Hunt! Hope your day was great!

Kimmel Tippets said...

I don't think you ever out grow being excited to find an Easter basket! Last year we were with my parents and they hid ours and it was a thrill to try and find it like I did when I was little. It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Easter.

Grace said...

I agree with you Kimmie...you're never to old to hunt for a basket or an egg..it's fun!