Monday, April 20, 2009

Robbie and Mikal: Good Buddies





On Saturday I had the chance to help out a friend with her son's wedding reception. My son Robbie was there to stand in as the best man to his friend Mikal. Robbie and Mike have been friends since the day the Healey family moved into our Ward when Robbie was 8 almost 9. They were instant friends and many times got into some "sticky" situations" but overall they always had some good clean fun. Some have said that the 2 of them were a bit wild, others have confused their love of life with immaturity..and at times they were a bit immature :) I remember many times when both Mike and Robbie would have this "evil eye" look and I just had to think..."okay what are they up to now?" In the end I usually found myself laughing about things they would do. I have always loved their spark and energy for life! It's great!
Friends are those who stand by you through thick and thin and that is how Mike and Robbie are. I am thankful for their friendship and I really believe people are placed in others lives so they can both learn from, strengthen, help and grow together. On Saturday Robbie did just that...he stood by his friend Mike as Mike married Katie, his girlfriend of 3+ years. Good buddies are one of life's greatest gifts

2 comments:

The Birthday Group said...

I totally agree, good friends are the best medicine a person can have. They both look like they have that love of life. That's great to see.

Unknown said...

That is so cool that he has had such a great friend for so long. :)